Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Charcuterie & Cheese Platters Warm The Soul

It's snowing like crazy in Lake Ozark, Missouri! We are experiencing a near blizzard outside, but it's a great time to relax indoors, experiment in the kitchen and cook up some terrific recipes to share.


My beagle, Puddin' Pie, is very concerned about the snow outside since it is over her head. My husband has been diligently shoveling a path for her each time she has to go do her bizwax. She has entertained herself by hanging on my leg and giving me the most pitiful looks as I work on creating a snack of Italian dried salami and assorted cheeses (Charcuterie & Cheese).

I'm using dried salami, prosciutto and making a quick pate. The cheeses I've selected are Cabot from Vermont and all based in the cow's milk family of Cheddars. Plus, I have some great accoutrements like pickled okra, capers, stone ground mustards, dried fruits and some artisan breads to complete the ensemble.

My husband and I (and Puddin, too!) plan on enjoying our charcuterie and cheese platter - or what you could call a "peasant supper" - with a delightful glass of Cavazza Italian Red wine. We'll watch a classic movie or a soon-to-be classic or something with subtitles, and warm up by the fire.

Snow can be a very, very delicious thing!

No comments: