Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Virtues of Valrhona

The absolute most wonderful chocolate for baking (or eating in shavings with good merlot) is Valrhona!!! I am totally in love.

As my beagle eyes the silky chunks I'm chopping from the huge piece of Valrhona chocolate I purchased from Sur La Table, I stick my index finger on the thin shreds and close my eyes. Every time I taste this chocolate, I dream up new things to do with it! Puddin' Pie will not be sharing this experience with me, just clinging to my leg and doing an occasional, "roo-woo" to let me know she would like to sample as well!

For Saturday, I'm doing lavender/dark chocolate truffles with espresso powder. Nothing earth shattering, but I can imagine using real green tea to infuse into my chocolate. I scan my cabinet and find two great teas. I think that maybe tomorrow, after I watch Kimora Lee Simmons and scan to internet for vintage wine posters, I might do a little experiment with my morning tea...and chocolate...

Buon Appetito and Nite Nite!

No comments: