Thursday, August 14, 2014

Starting all over again...

It's something that many of us have had to do in order to survive the wretched recession that began in 2008 and swallowed so many of our small businesses whole.

In 2011, my business was swallowed up by a personal illness that required nearly one year of convalescing. While starting over personally as a healthy person, my business took a hit because I couldn't lift, stand for long periods of time or even get anyone in the Lake area to work or show up to work - regardless of the pay.

Additionally, my husband and I moved 40 minutes from the Lake, back to my hometown of Jefferson City to scoop up an amazing home while unloading a less comfortable condo located in a development full of unfortunately unhappy, mean and miserable people so that we could get a positively fresh start. (Plus, it's where my family resides and there's a new, beautiful great niece in the mix and a wedding on the horizon!)

Thankfully, I've had a few years to regroup, rethink life, and refocus my efforts on what makes me happy - and I'm lucky to have been given the opportunity to do so - and for that, I'm grateful!

During this time, I've traveled, taught, volunteered, wined, dined and carefully considered my next moves.  I've come to the conclusion that I must continue to cook for people who enjoy having me do for them what I honestly, authentically enjoy.

So, I'm back in business! Starting small with a handful of wonderful requests for luncheons, bridal showers, anniversaries and in-home dinners. Tomorrow, I get to assist the Mo Wine Girl with her wine class at the Missouri State Fair - only because she said I could - and I'm looking forward to spending time with her!

With my Kahlua Creme Tiramisu Trifle!

The only dilemma remaining is that the former email address I used: ashley@abrownbaggourmet.com was hacked a couple of years ago, so I'm not able to use that anymore.

For now, I'm using ashleyallenbrown@gmail.com to receive inquiries in the Jefferson City area.

It's an exciting new chapter in a book that I thought was closed. I've got another chance to do what I truly love - cook and plan parties for people who love it! Can't wait!

Let me share one of my fave songs from the 70's that is apropos to my sitch, enjoy!

"Starting all over again is gonna be tough, so rough, but we're gonna make it!" - Mel & Tim

No comments: